After driving on a long bumpy road we finally arrived at the church. The buildings are made with simple materials, but constructed with great thought and care. Three walls for the sanctuary, to allow air flow and space for the growing numbers. Windows that frame the fields right outside. Slanted roofs to catch rainfall. Big platforms for people to gather and eat. This church is nestled on flat land, surrounded by vast acres. You can see for miles and miles -- the sky is a canvas. Today, the clouds are glorious. Deep and dense. Defined by dynamic shades of grey. A spontaneous church service starts to gather for the adults, while the kids off in the distance are laughing at the skits played by our team. I slipped away so that i could hear the worship team play, for they were fervently practicing just moments before. The service focused on two things: one, to hear testimonies from the members of the church and two, to pray for the RAIN to come. The fields, the people, all thirst for water. They asked (more like told) Brian to come up and share the Word of God. As I sat there, I closed my eyes and begged God to show himself. And he did. I felt him in the wind that blew through every crack and window of the building. I heard him in Brian's voice as he boldly asked God to provide for spiritual and physical needs. I saw him in the faces of the church members as they responded in nods and Amens. We all stood up as one body, praising Him for being our provider, our savior, our daily bread. It was so powerful. And I was truly humbled. The people here have such great faith that I am learning I need. I was hoping for a dramatic rain effect as pastor Brian spoke. But it didn't. Instead all of us were filled with joy and greatly encouraged with one another.
God was faithful and God provided because an hour after we left it started to POUR RAIN. God replenished the earth with water and he overfilled my heart with hope.
Please continue to pray for us:
- That we would stay healthy and rested. Some are having a few stomach problems.
- That we would have safe travels to our next destination.
- That we would be sensitive to the spirit as the team learns more about the people and churches here in Cambodia
Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment