Thursday, July 19, 2012

Living on the Edge (not Chip Ingram's radio ministry)

To be honest, I'm not sure how to explain how I came to the decision to go to Cambodia with GrX Fremont this year. I haven't even been at GrX Fremont a full year yet, but I know I have fallen in love with this small church that God has used to bless my time transitioning out of college, and I want to grow closer to these people I love through living in faith with them. Sometimes you just know when you have to do something, right? I guess I knew I needed to go to Cambodia. With this church. With this team.


After graduating, the theme of my life has been to look for ways to live on the edge, step out of my comfort zone, stretch my faith, and all that jazz. I've started rock climbing (not like in the picture yet, though), kickboxing, running races, and random other exercise routines to try to physically live on the edge but, so far, nothing has really challenged my faith because I guess I haven't truly tried to take steps of faith outside of my comfort zone. So in similar lines with Vinod, I think this year I'm going to Cambodia because I want to learn to do things out of faith. It'll be my first missions trip to a country where I can't speak the language at all. Whatsoever. Zilch. And it will be with a group of people I've only known for a little over half a year.

So I don't know what's going to happen on this trip (and, given the way our agenda looks, no one else knows what's going to happen on this trip, either). And I don't know what God is going to show us through Vision for Cambodia or the Cambodians themselves. And I most certainly don't know how I'm going to be changed, but I know for sure that I will be changed, and I am most definitely looking forward to expecting the unexpected and, through everything, to be challenged in my faith relying on God's sovereignty and His grace through my team to get through each day. If you can't tell I'm excited beyond comprehension, I am.

-Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment